Tuesday 12 June 2012

Artists...

Sir Anthony Van Dyck 

was a Flemish Baroque artist who became the leading court painter in England. His most famous work is that of King Charles I and his family and court. His relaxed elegance became a dominant influence on English portrait paintings for the next 150 years.
Below is an example of some of his work:





decided to paint a picture of King Charles I in a similar style to that of Anthony Van Dyck.

I tend not to use paints, as I feel I work best with pencils and collages. However I thought I would attempt to use them to keep in the style of the art at the time.

The paints I used were a selection of acrylics.





Diego Rodríguez 


was a Spanish painter who was the leading artist in the court of King Philip IV. He was an individualistic artist of the contemporary Baroque period, important as aportrait artist. In addition to numerous renditions of scenes of historical and cultural significance, he painted scores of portraits of the Spanish royal family, other notable European figures, and commoners.










Peter Paul Rubens  




was a Flemish Baroque painter, and a proponent of an extravagant Baroque style that emphasised movement, colour, and sensuality. He is well known for his Counter-Reformation altarpieces, portraits,landscapes, and history paintings of mythological and allegorical subjects.

In addition to running a large studio in Antwerp that produced paintings popular with nobility and art collectors throughout Europe, Rubens was a classically educated humanist scholar, art collector, and diplomat who was knighted by both Philip IV, King of Spain, and Charles I, King of England.
















No comments:

Post a Comment