Tuesday 3 January 2012

Visual Recordings

Below are my visual recordings, my main inspirations have been both nature and the Victorian era. 

I produced this image using cream soft leather and a 2 tone green textured fabric. I used the leather to represent the grooves within a trees bark, and the green fabric to represent the texture of the foliage, and the different shades found on leaves.  






I produced this image by placing paper doilies onto an elongated canvas, once in place I then painted over them, using them as a stencil. After i had completed this i peeled away the doilies and continued to paint the background of the canvas. I then painted a a beetle, a tree and a flower design in each of the shapes. I chose these particular images as they was nature based, relating to Florence's style. The shape created by the doilies also have a Victorian vibe, linking it to the one of the influences of the album cover. 



For this image i once again used a paper doily to create a Victorian like frame, that almost resembles the shape of pendant jewellery worn during this era. Instead of painting my design onto the right said of the canvas I decided to paint the image on the reverse of the canvas. I then painted the outline of the image onto the right side of the canvas so that this would dominate the picture. I photographed the painting both alone; where only the outline could be seen, and hanging from a lamp; where the light allowed the colours to appear through the canvas



This image was produced using magazine cuttings. The collage displays a cherry blossom tree, which links to the album cover. I also used different patches of damask patterned images as the background, again relating it to the lungs album cover. The other samples i cut out were of images that displayed texture, and colours that were fitting for the collage.


 

I produced this image by sketching a face in pencil. I then went over it using a fine liner. Once I completed this I began to clear my page of pencil markings using a rubber. I decided to leave 2 circles on the face to represent the cheeks. I also decided to add a splash of colour to define the eyes.



This is a pencil drawing a created influenced by the album cover. Once again i defined the lines using a fine liner before erasing the original pencil lines. I then worked into the image using coloured pencils and highlighters to highlight certain areas.



This canvas painting was inspired by the painting of Ophelia, however I decided to create my image from a birds eye view. I used a similar colour scheme to that used in the original. I used acrylic paints to mark the canvas.  





No comments:

Post a Comment